Highway 58 Animal Hospital and Laparoscopic Surgery Center is proud to offer laparoscopic surgical services to pet owners in the southeast Tennessee region. Laparoscopic surgery is an operation that is performed through small incisions, and uses a high definition camera and telescope to examine internal organs. It is a low-risk, minimally invasive technique that can be used for spay surgeries, gastropexy- to prevent bloat, abdominal organ biopsies, and removal of bladder stones. Minimally invasive surgeries result in safer, visual surgery, with lower risks, and excellent outcomes.
Both you and your pet will benefit from minimally invasive surgery such as laparoscopy because of the following factors:
- Smaller incisions mean less tissue trauma, reducing pain, and speeding recovery. Additionally, there is no need for external sutures or irritating protective cones in most cases.
- Minimal pain and bruising.
- Laparoscopic surgery is safer because it is simpler to perform, takes less time, and involves fewer complications.
- A reduced surgical time means there is less anesthesia required and fewer potential complications.
- The surgeon has improved visibility using the camera’s magnified views of the organs allowing for greater surgical precision.
- Having smaller incisions and less pain allows your pet to heal faster and have fewer chances of developing post-operative complications.
The use of laparoscopy in small animal spay/neuter procedures is becoming the preferred surgical option among pet owners. It is also a superior method of confirming diagnosis for fragile, ailing pets as well as for evaluating ear and nasal diseases.